12ish DAYS OF HOLIDAY ALLEY Nov. 19-30, 2021
Become a Holiday Alley volunteer and see all the fun up front. We have big chores, little chores, something for everyone! And all tons of fun because you'll be surrounded by fun folks.
What are the Perks?
Volunteer in your community and meet new friends.
- Take part in fun activities, events, markets, workshops, and more
- Enjoy music, dance, performances, workshops for free! (Pending your placement)
- Get your volunteer hours completed as a part of work or school programming
- Take leadership positions and grow your skills for your resume
- Attend our volunteer + appreciation pizza party!
Premieres on Youtube Nov. 30 | 7pm | Submit by Nov. 19
NEW: DANCING IN THE STREET, AGAIN
AIRS ON HOLIDAY ALLEY TV
We’re callin’ out around the world, are you ready for brand new beat? Winter’s here and the time is right for dancing on your street! Holiday Alley is challenging everyone to check out our new lyrics to “Dancing In The Street, Again” re-written and sung by Brenton Thorvaldson.
We want to see you dancing to our easy-to-follow choreography OR submit your own version of the dance.
How to submit your video
1. Learn the new song and choreography by watching our sample video here Watch our sample video and learn the new song here - https://youtu.be/zUWGEl9N78
2. Complete the form: https://forms.gle/rf4kz59C1i7SvnJi8
(Or Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're having trouble.)
Want your video to be the best quality it can be?
Here are some tips and tricks on how to set up video on your phone!
- Be sure to film it horizontally (landscape) using 1080p HD at 30fps OR 4K at 30fps (see your phone's camera setting)
- Make sure your phone/ camera is stable (no jumping or jittering if you can.)
- Here is a quick video on filming basics with your phone if you need help: https://youtu.be/j685NaMDVYE
Appearing in the Final Holiday Alley video:
We'll choose and edit in your best clips for the FINAL music video that will be launched on Holiday Alley's YouTube and Facebook on November 30, 2021!
Who can send in their videos? Everyone!
Think of your – family, friends, neighbours, co-workers, classroom, teammates, dance group, volunteer group, entire town, or even by yourself!
Nov. 20 & 27 | Sign Ups times between 10am - 12pm and 1pm - 3pm| Register by Nov. 15
Grab a paint brush and compete against your family or friends to see who can paint the fastest. Draw a subject from a hat and complete your painting in 30 minutes.
We provide the easel, canvas, paint, and the fun…. you bring your talent.
How does it work?
- Register your team of 4-6 people with Bev, email@example.com
- Cost $5 per person
- One winner from each group will win a prize!
Nov. 27 | 7pm | Enter by Nov. 22
BARK FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY! | SELKIRK ANIMAL HOSPITAL POOCH PARADE
Join us for Holiday Alley's annua Selkirk Animal Hospital Pooch Parade!
Theme: Bark for our Birthday!
Come down be part of the in-person event during Holiday Alley!
Entry Donation Fee | A donation of $5 per dog is recommended to enter the in-person Pooch Parade. Collected donations go toward more Holiday Alley programming like the Pooch Parade!
1st Place – $100 Selkirk Animal Hospital gift certificate
2nd Place – $75 Selkirk Animal Hospital gift certificate
3rd Place – $50 Selkirk Animal Hospital gift certificate
Prizes go to the pet who best encompasses Holiday Alley's birthday celebration!
Only 30 spots are available!
* We remind you that your pet's safety is important to us! Please dress your pets for comfort and safety first.
CANADIAN TIRE SELKIRK'S LIGHT UP MAIN STREET
This year, Holiday Alley and Canadian Tire Selkirk have teamed up to help you expand your community spirit and decorate your stores with lights for the holiday season.
Registration for this project is on a first-come, first-served basis for the first 50 businesses on Main Street from Manitoba Ave. to Britannia Ave. If you miss your chance at a gift card, we hope you’ll still participate in any way you can and add some extra light to our community this holiday season.
Here’s how it works:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org us today to sign up for a FREE $50 Canadian Tire Selkirk gift card.
2. We, at Holiday Alley, deliver the gift cards (prior to Nov 19) or they will be available for pickup after Nov 19.
3. You head over to Canadian Tire Selkirk with your gift card and choose your lights. Try to shop early — the demand for lights is high this year and we want to make sure you get your lights on time (We know $50 won’t cover all of your lighting needs, but it sure is a nice start from our friends at Canadian Tire).
4. Light up your storefront for the first day of Holiday Alley: November 19, 2021 or as soon as you receive your giftcard.
5. We put up a small Holiday Alley sign in your window to let Selkirk residents know you’re participating in this year’s festival.
Nov. 26 | 5pm | Apply by Nov. 15 - CLOSED
If you picked up a pen and became a poet in the last year, then Holiday Alley wants you to join the Poetry Slam performed in the MMF & Stanley Electrical & Mechanical Ltd. – Community Canopy. Poetry Slam submissions > email@example.com
Register by Nov. 1 | Deliver cake by Nov. 20 - CLOSED
NEW: HOLIDAY ALLEY BIRTHDAY BAKE-OFF
We know how you spent the last 20 months – baking!
So here’s your chance to show us your stuff. Enter your best cake and try to win bragging rights and prizes for the most unique and tastiest cake that celebrates art, light, music and culture. We also want to see Holiday Alley’s logo creatively incorporated into your cake!
Participating bakers, bakeries, restaurants will need to:
- Register to participate with Maria – firstname.lastname@example.org (Register soon as only 20 spots are available)
- Create their cakes in a permitted commercial kitchen (must provide proof)
- Supply one designed cake (any size/ shape)
- Supply 4 bite-sized cakes/ cupcakes for judges to taste (must be same recipe as submitted cake)
- Send a photo, title, and write up on your cake describing the inspiration and flavor to > email@example.com
- Deliver cake and tasting samples to Riverside Grill on November 20 from 10-11 a.m.
Judges will select winner based on:
- Look/ Design/ Creativity
- Incorporation of Holiday Alley logo
Contest Winner: The first place winner will receive a year of bragging rights and a locally-made plaque to hang in your shop as the “Holiday Alley 2021 Birthday Bake-Off Winner”!
- Holiday Alley will be raffling the cakes to our volunteers, sponsors, and partners during our VIP & Volunteer Party.
Nov. 18-30 | REGISTRATION - CLOSED
TIY (TREE IT YOURSELF
Are you a business, organization, retailer, restaurant down Manitoba Avenue in downtown Selkirk? If so, this one's for you!
Tree It Yourself (TIY) is a tree-decorating contest that brings together your coworkers and creates a little fun competition between local businesses.
How it works:
1. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5th. There are only 20 garden boxes available, and signup is first-come, first-served.
2. Source your own or use one of Holiday Alley’s artificial trees, we’ll deliver them to your business on November 5. (Borrowed trees available until quantities last.)
3.Decorate your tree on your own or with your fellow co-workers! Be sure your tree is as winter-and as windproof as possible. Remember: these decorations will be outside and accessible to the public day and night.
Have your trees installed by November 18 so that they’re ready for the start of Holiday Alley on November 19.
CALLING ALL MUSICIANS & SINGERS - OPEN FOR 2022
Can you sing, can you dance, can you entertain young and old? We may have a stage for you in the canopy or in a local business. Apply now! All eligible artists will be contacted.
COMING UP IN 2021
NEW: DANCING IN THE STREET, AGAIN
Video Launch on November 30 at 6PM CT!
Watch it on – Holiday Alley TV
Sign-up to receive our Holiday Alley E-News! Be the first to know about upcoming events and planning for 2022. You can unsubscribe at any time.
©2021 All rights reserved by Holiday Alley.