SELKIRK ANIMAL HOSPITAL POOCH & PALS PARADE
Calling all dandy dogs and our other pet pals!
Yes, that means cats, birds, hamsters, lizards, horses, goats, chickens and other pet pals!!
Join us for Holiday Alley’s 3rd annual Selkirk Animal Hospital Pooch (& Pals) Parade!
We’re so lucky to have Selkirk Animal Hospital as our major sponsor for the Parade!
!! UPDATED FOR CODE RED
HOW TO ENTER
1. Dress up your pet at home following this year’s theme; Light Up Your Ho-Ho-Home for the Holidays
2. Use your phone (or if you have it, a DSLR camera), to photograph and film a 15-20 second video of your pet pal all dressed up!
3. Send in your video by December 10, 2020 at 6pm.
Submission Form Here: https://forms.gle/HqgdmiViGRyDJHoe7
4. Donate to Holiday Alley through our project lead Red River North Tourism (firstname.lastname@example.org) It can be $5, $10, or even $100 – we’ll leave that up to you!
THIS YEAR’S THEME
Light Up Your Ho-Ho-Home for the Holidays
Best prize goes to the pet that best encompasses being at “Light Up at Home for the Holiday Season.”
* We remind you that your pooches safety is important to us! Please dress your dogs for comfort first! There are specialty collars and leashes that light up and glow specifically made for pets!
Who are this year’s judges? It’s the crowd’s choice!
All viewers will have a chance to vote for top pooch between December 18 – December 23, 2020 by 3 pm right back here on HolidayAlley.ca. Only one vote per person/ email.
1st PLACE – $100 CASH
2nd PLACE: – $75 gift card to Selkirk Animal Hospital
3rd PLACE: – $50 gift card to Selkirk Animal Hospital
BEST MATCHING: $75 gift card to Selkirk Animal Hospital
*Must be available to pickup prizes in Selkirk and/or Winnipeg.
TIPS + TRICKS
Here is a quick video on filming basics with your phone:
– Please film your video in landscape mode.
– If you know how, feel free to edit your clip to get all sides of your pet
– Please ensure your video is not shaky and as high-quality as possible! We may ask for you to reshoot or may not use your video as some shaky videos can cause motion sickness for some people.
– Feel free to edit out your audio, or leave it in the video as we will be adding music throughout the video.
– If your pet can do a special trick, let’s see it!